Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Non-Music Related Post

It has been announced that Avatar will be back in the theaters at the end of August, in the form of an extended edition. This version will be exclusive to 3D and IMAX 3D shows and will contain around 8 minutes of never before seen footage. Among my friends, i heard a lot of mixed reactions to the film. I thought it was amazing myself, with the exception of parts seeming to drag on from time to time. I can't imagine what an even longer cut will feel like. Perhaps I was just tired when I went to see it the first time. Actually, that was before I was taking my energy boosting multi-vitamins every day. The plus side to this is that it will only be shown in 3D which in my opinion was the only way to see this movie. I don't think I would've liked the movie by itself without the 3D effects as much.

Speaking of 3D, have you heard of the ridiculous films that are going to be using this technology in the future? The one I find to be completely unnecessary would have to be the upcoming Harold and Kumar sequel. I just don't feel that 3D can save this. I enjoyed the first movie. It was funny enough. Escape from Guantanamo Bay on the other hand was atrocious. I just don't see the benefits of paying an extra $3.50 to see a comedy that most likely will not be very funny. Also, instead of searching for little White Castle burgers, this time around they're searching for a replacement Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve? Like the previous two films, I'm sure the appearance of Neil Patrick Harris will be what everyone really looks forward to. Yes, he will be returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment