Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Mixed Bag


There are 3 concerts in the near future that you can look forward to be hearing about within the next month. The first one will be this Friday, July 16. I will be attending the 311/Offspring concert at the Jiffy Lube Center (formerly Nissan Pavilion) in Bristow, VA with good friends Dave and Jen. This will be the second time seeing Offspring in concert, and I think third for 311. I should have seen 311 one other time before (even had tickets) but plans fell through and couldn't make it to the show. I'm looking forward to 311 more than Offspring personally, but my friend Jen is definitely going solely for the Offspring. Either way, the show should be awesome with both of these bands co-headlining. Both always show incredible energy on stage.

The next show planned is on July 31st in Columbia, once again with Dave and Jen. This one I have a feeling is going to be one of my favorites. The show will feature New Found Glory, Tegan and Sara AND Paramore. I can't tell you how excited I am to see all three of these bands. I have yet to see NFG and T&S, but I was able to catch Paramore last year at the Ulalume festival where they performed with some other bands for an MTV Halloween type special. I enjoyed seeing them there but felt it could have been a better show if it were a true headlining show and not something where they might not have complete control over what or how much they play. So, needless to say, I am extremely looking forward to this one.

The very next day will be one of six small acoustic shows that Lights is performing. This one I'll be attending with my friend Joelle. I'll admit right away that Lights is not the typical type of music I'd first choose to listen to, but her voice is just about as beautiful as she is. I have seen her twice already (both times with Joelle...She's kind of obsessed with her i think) and she has been incredible both times. Joelle almost missed out on even getting a ticket, but with a little legwork on my part, we found a way, or I guess I found a way.


I'll be sure to update you on these shows and hopefully will have some pictures and videos to share. The only one I'm not too sure about will be the 311/Offspring concert since we have Pit tickets and not seats. I'm looking forward to most likely having an obstructed view and trying not to get kicked in the head by the crowd surfers. The other two shows should be no problem.



Be sure to check out everyone's websites, twitters, facebook, etc. Whatever your social network of choice may be, you'll be able to find them, I'm sure.

Lights
Paramore
New Found Glory
Tegan and Sara
311
Offspring

Twitter names to follow: @Lights, @yelahwilliams, @paramore


Support the bands, buy their music!

No comments:

Post a Comment