Sunday, July 25, 2010

Today was a sunday

Today, I caught Inception for a second viewing. I'm still going to decline on talking about it but I came up with a different conclusion than I originally had the first time I saw it. It was just as good if not better the second time around. In August, a few of my friends and I are trying to take a trip to see it in an IMAX theater. A real one at that, not one of the fake ones they have in some of the multiplexes. I don't see how they can get away with calling themselves an IMAX. I just cannot get enough of this movie.

In other news, In This Moment recently came out with a new album "A Star-Crossed Wasteland".  I admit I did not ever listen to their first album, I only started listening to them when "The Dream" was released and they did their awesome cover of Blondie's "Call Me". The reception of "The Dream" was mixed. Apparently the first album has a lot more screaming and is much heavier and fans from before didn't like the new melodic softer songs. Maria Brink can scream! She can also sing though and shows this on the album. The newest album has a bit for everyone and it works. For me not really knowing the extent of how much she can scream, it was a little weird to hear at first but I got used to it. At the end of the album, there was a bonus 17 minute interview with Brink and the band. They explain just what they meant to do with the latest album, how they think they've found the sound that can really define them, and how they hope it can please both types of fans they may have acquired with their previous efforts. I guess I'll have to check out their first album.

2 Tracks to listen to off the new album are           Just Drive and The Promise.



<----Can't believe all that screaming comes from her



This coming weekend I get to see New Found Glory, Tegan and Sara, Paramore and Lights! Can't say I'm not excited about all of these bands. After that, I don't have anymore concerts lined up for a while. If you know of any that are coming around, let me know! 



Make sure you check out In This Moment and you can follow on twitter: @MariaBrink and @OfficialITM

1 comment: