Wednesday, July 21, 2010

INCEPTION WAS...

So, I am not going to make this into a full review of the film Inception for two reasons. The main reason being that I feel I cannot give a proper review on just one viewing, but also because I feel the less you know/expect going into the film the better. The only thing I had heard about the movie before seeing it for myself was that it was awesome and would be mind-blowing. Well, I would have to agree. Christopher Nolan has made some pretty damn impressive films prior to this one. I have loved every movie he has made so far and this is no exception. This would probably rate within the top 3 of his films and probably of any films at all. I caught myself thinking about this movie well after having seen it (over a day after). I rarely have a desire to immediately go out and see the film in the theater again, but as soon as the credits started to roll, I felt like staying for the next show. The film is mind-boggling, visually stunning and has some of the best actors of the moment. Most people will immediately think of Leonardo DiCaprio as the biggest star, but I really enjoyed the rest of the cast in a big way. Both Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have been around for a while now, but are really starting to make big names for themselves. Have you seen (500) Days of Summer? Whip-It or Juno?

It's really hard to decide which Nolan film is the best because they are all incredible. Most people might not know about Following, his first film. It's short (only an 70 mins), in B&W and told not in chronological order. Although, the dvd does contain a special feature where you can watch the events all take place in the proper order. Either way, the film is brilliant. Memento equally as impressive, along with Insomnia, The Prestige and both Batman movies. You can actually see Following if you have a Netflix account. It's available to "Watch Instantly." That is quite a handy-dandy feature.

So, if you saw Inception, I want to know what you thought. Have you seen any other Christopher Nolan films? And who really killed Laura Palmer? Just kidding, I know the answer to that one. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment